Valentina Di Bennardo, EN, AR and FR > IT translator
TRANSLATOR & PROOFREADER: +10 years’ experience in translation
Fields of specialisation:
- Food (oenology; gastronomy; menus; recipes; publications)
- Enterprise (international commerce; internationalisation; marketing);
- Industry & technology (furniture; constructions; user’s manuals; data sheets; product descriptions; web sites; marketing materials);
- Education (vocational education; school & educational programs);
- Media & art (art; publishing; journalism; literature; public relations);
- Human and social sciences (archeology; architecture; art; literature);
- Spare time and tourism (hotellerie, tourism, travels, congresses & meetings).
- Environment & ecology;
- Law (contracts; international law; documents);
- Industry & technology (general);
- Politics & human and social sciences (ethnology; philosophy; psychology; religion; history).
Sworn translator at the Court of Palermo.
EVENT MANAGER (specialised on foreign affairs & internationalisation)
9 years’experience in design, organisation and management of cultural and scientific events; promotion of typical food&wine products abroad and expert advice for international commerce; event manager for incoming (target: Sicily, Italy) and outgoing missions.
TEACHER OF ARABIC, ENGLISH & EVENT MANAGEMENT:
- Since 2004: Private teacher of English and Arabic languages (for all educational grade students)
- Since January 2014: Teacher of Arabic language & Event Management — on-line courses
- 2013/2014: Teacher of English language and event management for vocational courses in Sicily
I took my degree in foreign languages and literatures in Palermo after several experiences abroad (Middle East, Northern Africa, France, Malta, and the UK). Then, I decided to come back home to Sicily and dedicated myself to translations and events.
- translation and proofreading (from English, Arabic, French to Italian)
- sworn translations
- counsel for international commerce (events, commercial missions, social media management, e-commerce, etc.)
- blogging on events, culture, and food & wine.